Islam has its own key phrases to use in daily life.
Some of these are listed below along with the times to
1. When starting to do something: "Bismillahir
(In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the
2. When mentioning something that will be done in the
future. "Insha'llah." (If Allah wills.)
3. When praising something say, "Subhanullah." (Glory
4. When in pain or distress. "Ya Allah." (O Allah.)
5. When appreciating something say, "Masha-Allah." (As
6. When thanking someone. "Jazakullah khair." (Allah reward
7. When you see something bad. "Nowthdhubillah." (Allah
8. When saying you're sorry to Allah for a sin.
"Astaghfirullah." (Allah forgive.)
9. After sneezing or when you're happy about
something. "Alhumdulillah." (Praise Allah.)
10. When meeting someone. "Assalamu 'alaykum." (Peace
be upon you.)
11. Replying to the above greeting. "Wa 'alaykum
assalam." (And upon you be peace.)
12. When hearing about a death or tragedy. "Inna
lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun."
(To Allah we belong and to Him we return.)
13. When giving in charity. "Fee eemanullah." (In
14. When taking an oath. "Wallah." (I Swear to Allah.)
15. If someone sneezes and they say, "alhumdulillah,"
you reply with, "Yarhamakullah." (Allah have mercy
upon you.) The sneezer will reply back,
"Yehdikumullah" which means, "Allah guide you."